Monday, November 06, 2006

Women are been killed in Guatemala:

(This is what I share with Oprah's production)


I been sending you this several times I don’t want to loose hope. Women are been killed in Guatemala. I have contacted you before to share about my book "Latin Lovers, Do we really Exist?" But today it's for another reason. Since 2001 cases of women murdered are raising up every year. I don’t know if your show is interested in this reality. Four weeks ago a dear friend was kidnapped and killed in Guatemala. Carol was her name and she had been friends with my family for decades. In fact my mom and her mom had been friends for ever. She was kidnapped in front of her dad, he tried his best to save her but efforts where not enough. She leaves an 8 year old girl trying to understand what happened to her mom. She was shot seven times and strangled and they found her in a ditch with her hands and feet tied up. And that’s the reality of my country, authorities relentlessly investigate, but some times you asked how hard they tried to solve at least one case. According to BBC news 494 women were killed in 2004 and every year the numbers are going higher. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiSIejqcESU
(Video) More than 1500 women had been murdered under 4 years. I contacted you trying to get some hope somewhere; in my country we can only get violence and pain. We don’t have hope in our authorities and to be honest with you we don’t really trust them at all. To get pull over by a police car is never a good experience. Try to imagine when you need to depend on them to resolve a murder case. Numbers are going high every day and I feel like Guatemalans are like “Oh well that’s our reality” and I’m tired of it. We need to try to make something different happen, and that’s why I have contacted you. We need to have a voice perhaps internationally we can get hope or support. I have decided I want to write a book about this reality perhaps I can make some difference. I don’t know if you can help me to share this reality with the rest of the world, some one need to hear us. God bless you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home