Thursday, February 08, 2007

Coming back to my BELLA Country:

It has been such a blessing to come back to Guatemala, specially to be able to visit my parents and family. It has been hard to realized that my invincible parents are getting old and I never expected they were going to simply get OLD . It is fun to realized that time goes by I have learned so many things from them. People we need to have patience with our parents, even when they turn slow, stuborn or else. I have been learning this process specially with my dad (76 years old) , we have a totally different perspective but I want to honor and respect him, even when I think his ideas are crazy for me or the business. One sure thing is the fact that He´s so proud of the coffee business I was able to start with a North American friend and that through this business we would help Guatemalan Children to have a better education and nutrition. COMING SOON www.kafesguatemala.com

I tried my best not to get discouraged as I see the reality of my Country, two of the major banks collapsed and thousands of people are struggling to get their money and investments back, one person already committed suicide after he heard the bad news. I don´t like the fact that I still feel insecure in my own country. The 2nd day I was in Guatemala a man was killed 6 blocks from my parent´s house and he was simply leaving the bank with some money , I try to think about his day, I´m sure it wasn´t his plan to die that day, but to start doing business or else after leaving the bank. But this is our reality in Guatemala. I have decided to be part of a change, not to worry about my reality but to start creating new solutions for my BELLA GUATEMALA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home